New stylish and energy-efficient windows are terrific ways to enhance curb appeal and boost value for your home or business.
Replacing your windows involves many considerations, including frame material, design features, and window type. Each window style has unique features and considerations, like shape and ventilation.
Whether you’re building a home addition or replacing existing windows, your best bet is to choose a window type that meets your needs for function, lighting, and budget. At Keyway Construction & Roofing, we can help you make your decision and expertly install your windows for great results.
Types of Windows We Install
Windows define a property’s style, be it traditional or modern. Keyway Construction installs a variety of window styles, so no matter what look you want to achieve, we can help.
- Double-hung windows are the most popular window choice. They feature upper and lower movable sashes to maximize airflow. And they’re a breeze to clean because they tilt inward.
- Single-hung windows have a single movable sash, typically the bottom portion.
- Casement windows or crank windows swing from a hinge like a door, allowing maximum ventilation. Weathertight and energy-efficient, they’re popular for sunrooms.
- Picture windows offer unmatched unobstructed views of the outdoors, framing the landscape with their uncomplicated design. These fixed window designs are typically used in dining, living, and family rooms, allowing more light to enter the space.
- Bay windows are a top choice for increasing curb appeal. They offer a timeless beauty while adding usable space. Most bay windows combine a fixed middle window flanked by two operable styles, such as casement and slider windows.
- Bow windows let in plenty of light and generally have six to eight windows that curve out slightly from a home or building. They’re an attractive replacement window option that offers a slimmer profile than bay windows.
- Round-top windows are often placed above picture windows and entry doors. They add a regal look and are perfectly positioned to flood a space with natural light.
- Sliding windows are easy to open and have no cranks or other operating mechanisms, making them a good choice if you need to constantly open and close the windows.
- Special-shaped windows incorporate a distinctive design element that complements most structures. They include full, half-, and quarter-circles, triangles, pentagons, trapezoids, octagons, and more. Special-shaped windows are ideal if you want to add visual interest to your home or commercial building.
How To Choose the Right Window Style
Windows are one of your property’s most defining features. When making your selection, consider styles that complement your property’s architectural style.
As you consider all the available options, keep in mind each window type’s unique benefits. For instance, some window styles are simpler to operate. Remember, too, that windows have an aesthetic impact on both the interior and exterior of your property.
To ensure maximum energy efficiency from whichever replacement windows you choose, consider your property’s orientation to the sun and wind, as they can affect AC and heating costs.
Window Materials We Install
Your window material is just as important as your window type.
- Vinyl windows are extremely energy-efficient and practically maintenance-free. They come in a wide range of styles and colors with unique options and features.
- Wood windows come in a variety of colors and wood grains. Versatile, attractive, and durable, they offer a timeless elegance that’s hard to match.
Which material is right for you depends on the look you’re going for, the level of maintenance, and the price.
Why Choose Keyway Construction for Window Replacement in Charlotte, NC?
If you’re looking to boost the curb appeal of your home or commercial building, choose Keyway Construction & Roofing.
Our team can help you decide which style suits your needs. And you can depend on our installers to provide quality products and service backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Discover the Difference
From start to finish, we keep your expectations in mind. We’re not happy with our work until you are.
Our free next-day quotes mean no hidden fees, no unpleasant surprises. Just a clear price for quality services.
Our experienced team members use high-quality materials to deliver expert-level services.
We back our work with a 1-year guarantee. We’ll fix any issues, no questions asked.
Our roots are in Charlotte, and we’ll never forget it. We’re proud to help keep your home safe and comfortable.
Recognized for excellence by organizations like Angi, Better Business Bureau, and Owens Corning.
Protect Your Gutters With Gutter CapsEliminate tedious maintenance tasks and unsightly clogs with time-saving gutter guards.
See For Yourself
View Our Gallery of Projects
Charlotte | Matthews | Pineville | Indian Trail | Myers Park
Mint Hill | Weddington | Waxhaw | Fort Mill
Charlotte | Matthews | Pineville
Indian Trail | Myers Park | Mint Hill
Weddington | Waxhaw | Fort Mill